1. The Gospel shows the Father's grace, Who sent his Son to save our race, Proclaims how Jesus lived and died That man might thus be justified.
2. It sets the Lamb before our eyes, Who made th'atoning sacrifice, And calls the souls with guilt oppressed To come and find eternal rest.
3. It brings the Savior's righteousness Our souls to robe in royal dress; From all our guilt it brings release And gives the troubled conscience peace.
4. It is the pow'r of God to save From sin and Satan and the grave; It works the faith, which firmly clings To all the treasures which it brings.
5. It bears to all the tidings glad And bids their hearts no more be sad; The heavy laden souls it cheers And banishes their guilty fears.
6. May we in faith its tidings learn Nor thanklessly its blessings spurn; May we in faith its truth confess And praise the Lord our Righteousness!
Words: Matthias Loy, 1863.
Music: 'Herr Jesu Christ, Dict Zu Uns Wend' from Cantionale Germanicum, Dresden, 1628.
Setting: "Mehrstimmiges ChoralBuch", 1906, alt.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2008 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|