1. The Bridegroom soon will call us, Come, all ye wedding guests! May not His voice appall us, While slumber binds our breasts; May all our lamps be burning, And oil be found in store, That we, with Him returning, May open find the door.
2. There shall we see delighted Our dear Redeemer's face, Who leads our souls benighted To glory by His grace; The patriarchs shall meet us, The prophets' holy band, Apostles, martyrs, greet us In that celestial land.
3. They will not blush to own us As brothers, sisters dear, Love ever will be shown us When we with them appear; We all shall come before Him, Who for us Man became, As Lord and God adore Him, And ever bless His Name.
4. Our Father, rich in blessing, Will give us crowns of gold And, to His bosom pressing, Impart a bliss untold, Will welcome with embraces Of never ending love, And deck us with His graces In blissful realms above.
5. In yonder home shall never Be silent music's voice; With hearts and lips forever We shall in God rejoice; The angels shall adore Him, All saints shall sing His praise, And bring with joy before Him Their sweetest heav'nly lays.
6. In mansions fair and spacious Will God the feast prepare, And ever kind and gracious, Bid us its riches share; There bliss that knows no measure From springs of love shall flow, And never changing pleasure His bounty will bestow.
7. Thus God shall from all evil Forever make us free, From sin, and from the devil, From all adversity, From sickness, pain, and sadness, From troubles, cares, and fears, And grant us heavenly gladness And wipe away our tears.
Words: Johann Walther, 1552. Translated by Matthias Loy, 1880.
Music: 'Act Gott Vom Himmelreiche' or 'Ich will ein Neues Singen' or 'Praetorius 7' from Musae Sionae XII (or VII), Michael Praetorius, 1609.
Setting: "Kern des Deutschen Kirchengesangs", 1855.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2006 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|