1. Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is giv'n, God Himself comes down from Heav'n. Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Jesus Christ today is born.
2. Jesus Christ, the King of kings, Maker of all worldly things, Now descends from Heav'n to Earth, To re-store us by His birth; Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Jesus Christ today is born.
3. God of God, and Light of Light, Comes with mercies infinite; Joining in a wondrous plan Heav'n to earth and God to Man; Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Jesus Christ today is born.
4. God with us, Emmanuel, Deigns for ever now to dwell; He on Adam's fallen race Sheds the fullness of His Grace; Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Jesus Christ today is born.
5. Truth and Mercy show their face, And with loving kiss embrace; Righteousness looks down from Heav'n, God is pleased and Man forgiv'n; Sing, O sing, this blessed morn, Jesus Christ today is born.
6. God comes down that man may rise, Lifted far above the skies He is Son of Man, that we Sons of God in Him may be;
7. Human flesh is now become Christ's abode, the Godhead's home; Royal Palace, sacred shrine For the Majesty Divine;
8. Now we rise, from prison free; On we march to victory, Joyful banners are unfurled; 'Tis the Birthday of the World;
9. Now behold the rising Sun Hath His glorious race begun; Now the Bridegroom from above Weds the Bride, with heavenly love;
10. O renew us, Lord, we pray, With Thy Spirit day by day; That we ever one may be With the Father, and with Thee;
11. Sing, O sing this blessed Morn, Jesus Christ to-day is born; Glory to the Father give, Praise the Son in whom we live; Glory to the Spirit be, Godhead One, and Persons Three.
Words: Christopher Wordsworth, 1865. Music and
Setting: 'Nativity' William Henry Monk, 1865.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2011 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|