1. Savior of the nations, come; Virgin's Son, here make Thy home! Marvel now, O heav'n and earth, That the Lord chose such a birth.
2. Not by human flesh and blood; By the Spirit of our God Was the Word of God made flesh, Woman's offspring, pure and fresh.
3. Wondrous birth! O wondrous Child Of the virgin undefiled! Though by all the world disowned, Still to be in heaven enthroned.
4. From the Father forth He came And returneth to the same, Captive leading death and hell High the song of triumph swell!
5. Thou, the Father's only Son, Hast o'er sin the vict'ry won. Boundless shall Thy kingdom be; When shall we its glories see?
6. Brightly doth Thy manger shine, Glorious is its light divine. Let not sin o'ercloud this light; Ever be our faith thus bright.
7. Praise to God the Father sing, Praise to God the Son, our King, Praise to God the Spirit be Ever and eternally.
Words: Ambrose of Milan, c. 397. Translated to German by Martin Luther, 1524. Translated from German to English by William M. Reynolds, 1851.
Music: 'Nun Komm, Der Heiden Heiland' from Walter's Geistliche Gesangbüchlein, 1524.
Setting: "Mehrstimmiges ChoralBuch", 1906.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2007 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|