1. Praise, my soul, the King of heaven; To His feet thy tribute bring. Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven, Evermore His praises sing: Alleluia! Alleluia! Praise the everlasting King.
2. Praise Him for His grace and favor To our fathers in distress. Praise Him still the same as ever, Slow to chide, and swift to bless. Alleluia! Alleluia! Glorious in His faithfulness.
3. Father like He tends and spares us; Well our feeble frame He knows. In His hands He gently bears us, Rescues us from all our foes. Alleluia! Alleluia! Widely yet His mercy flows.
4. Frail as summer's flower we flourish, Blows the wind and it is gone; But while mortals rise and perish Our God lives unchanging on, Praise Him, Praise Him, Hallelujah Praise the High Eternal One!
5. Angels, help us to adore Him; Ye behold Him face to face; Sun and moon, bow down before Him, Dwellers all in time and space. Alleluia! Alleluia! Praise with us the God of grace.
Words: Henry F. Lyte, 1834.
Music: 'Praise My Soul' or 'Lauda Anima' or 'St. Paul' John Goss, 1869.
Setting: "The Choral Hymnal", 1888.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2006 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|