1. Oh blest the house, whate'er befall, Where Jesus Christ is All in All; Yea, if He were not dwelling there, How poor and dark and void it were!
2. Oh blest that house where faith ye find, And all within have set their mind To trust their God and serve Him still, And do in all His holy will.
3. Blest, where their prayers shall daily rise As fragrant incense to the skies, While in their lives the world is taught That forms without the heart are naught.
4. Blest, where the busy hands fulfil Their proper task with ready skill, While through their different works ye see One spirit run of unity.
5. Blest such a house, it prospers well, In peace and joy the parents dwell, And in their children's lot is shown How richly God can bless His own.
6. Then here will I and mine to-day A solemn covenant make, and say,-- Though all the world forsake Thy Word, I and my house will serve the Lord.
Words: Christoph C. L. von Pfeil, 1735. Translated by Catherine Winkworth, 1863, alt.
Music: 'Wo Gott Zum Haus' from Klug's Geistliche Lieder, 1533.
Setting: "Evangelical Lutheran Hymn-Book", 1931.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2006 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|