1. O wondrous type! O vision fair Of glory that the Church may share, Which Christ upon the mountain shows, where brighter than the sun He glows!
2. From age to age the tale declare, How with the three disciples there, Where Moses and Elijah meet, The Lord holds converse high and sweet.
3. The law and prophets there have place, Two chosen witnesses of grace; The Father's voice from out the cloud proclaims His only Son aloud.
4. With shining face and bright array, Christ deigns to manifest today What glory shall be theirs above who joy in God with perfect love.
5. And faithful hearts are raised on high by this great vision's mystery; For which in joyful strains we raise the voice of prayer, the hymn of praise.
6. O Father, with th'Eternal Son, and Holy Spirit, ever One, Vouchsafe to bring us by Thy grace to see Thy glory face to face.
Words: From the "Sarum Breviary", 1495. Translated by John Mason Neale, 1851.
Music: 'Deo Gracias' or 'Agincourt' traditional English, circa 1415.
Setting: Charles Winfred Douglas, 1918, alt.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2011 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|