1. My soul shall magnify the Lord, And with my spirit I rejoice; My Savior has regard for me, He hears His lowly servant's voice.
2. Behold, I am forever blessed, For God has done great things for me; His mercy rests on those who fear, Who honor His Name most holy.
3. The Lord has shown His mighty arm, Those proud in heart He shall put down; The haughty from their thrones removed, The lowly have God's blessing found.
4. The hungry with good things are filled, They see God's kindness ev'ry day; But on the rich no blessing rests, With empty hands they're sent away.
5. The Lord helps His beloved ones, In mercy He His cov'nant keeps; Just as He promised long ago, to Abraham, and to his Seed.
Words: Brian L. Penney, 2009.
Music: 'Uffingham' Jeremiah Clarke, 1701.
Setting: "The English Hymnal", 1906.
copyright: Words: Copyright 2009, Brian L. Penney. These lyrics may be freely reproduced or published for Christian worship, provided they are not altered, and this notice is on each copy. All other rights reserved.Music and Setting: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2009 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|