1. Lord of our life, and God of our salvation, Star of our night, and Hope of every nation, Hear and receive Thy church's supplication, Lord God Almighty.
2. See round Thine Ark the hungry billows curling! See how Thy foes their banners are unfurling! Lord, while their darts envenomed they are hurling, Thou canst preserve us.
3. Lord, Thou canst help when earthly armor faileth; Lord, Thou canst save when sin itself assaileth; Lord, o'er Thy Rock nor death nor hell prevaileth; Grant us Thy peace, Lord.
4. Peace, in our hearts, our evil thoughts assuaging, Peace, in Thy Church, where brothers are engaging, Peace, when the world its busy war is waging; Calm Thy foes raging!
5. Grant us Thy help till backward they are driven; Grant them Thy Truth, that they may be forgiven; Grant peace on earth, and after we have striven, Peace in Thy Heaven.
Words: Matthäus Apelles von Löwenstern, 1644. Translated by Philip Pusey, 1840.
Music: 'Iste Confessor' or 'Rouen' from Poitiers Antiphoner, 1746.
Setting: Healey Willan, 1918, alt.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2014 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|