1. Lo! He comes with clouds descending, Once for ev'ry sinner slain; Thousand thousand saints attending, Swell the triumph of His train: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! God appears on earth to reign.
2. Ev'ry eye shall now behold Him Robed in dreadful majesty; Those who set at naught and sold Him, Pierced and nailed Him to the tree, Deeply wailing, deeply wailing, deeply wailing, Shall the true Messiah see.
3. Ev'ry island, sea, and mountain, Heav'n and earth, shall flee away; All who hate Him must, confounded, Hear the trump proclaim the day: Come to judgment! Come to judgment! Come to judgment! Come to judgment! Come away!
4. Now redemption, long expected, See in solemn pomp appear; All His saints, by man rejected, Now shall meet Him in the air: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! See the day of God appear!
5. Answer Thine own bride and Spirit, Hasten, Lord, the gen'ral doom! The new Heav'n and earth inherit, Take Thy pining exiles home: All creation, all creation, all creation, Travails! groans! and bids Thee come!
6. The dear tokens of His passion Still His dazzling body bears; Cause of endless exultation To His ransomed worshipers; With what rapture, with what rapture, with what rapture Gaze we on those glorious scars!
7. Yea, Amen! let all adore Thee, High on Thine eternal throne; Savior, take the power and glory, Claim the kingdom for Thine own; O come quickly! O come quickly! O come quickly! Everlasting God, come down!
Words: John Cennick, 1752. Altered by Charles Wesley, 1758, alt.
Music: 'Helmsley' attr. Thomas Olivers, 1765.
Setting: "The English Hymnal", 1906, alt.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2010 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|