1. Jesus shall reign where'er the sun Does his successive journeys run; His kingdom stretch from shore to shore Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
2. For Him shall endless prayer be made, And praises throng to crown His head; His Name, like sweet perfume shall rise With every morning sacrifice.
3. People and realms of every tongue Dwell on His love with sweetest song; And infant voices shall proclaim Their early blessings on His Name.
4. Blessings abound where'er He reigns; The prisoner leaps to lose his chains, The weary find eternal rest, And all the sons of want are blest.
5. Where He displays His healing power Death and the curse are known no more; In Him the tribes of Adam boast More blessings than their father lost.
6. Let every creature rise and bring Peculiar honors to our King, Angels descend with songs again, And earth repeat the loud Amen.
Words: Isaac Watts, 1719.
Music: 'Duke Street' John Hatton, 1793.
Setting: "Christian Hymns", 1908.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2011 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|