1. Jesus came, the heav'ns adoring, Came with peace from realms on high; Jesus came for man's redemption, Lowly came on earth to die. Alleluia! Alleluia! Came in deep humility.
2. Jesus comes again in mercy, When our hearts are bowed with care; Jesus comes again in answer To an earnest, heartfelt prayer; Alleluia! Alleluia! Comes to save us from despair.
3. Jesus comes to hearts rejoicing, Bringing news of sins forgiv'n; Jesus comes in sounds of gladness, Leading souls redeemed to Heav'n; Alleluia! Alleluia! Now the gate of death is riv'n.
4. Jesus comes in joy and sorrow, Shares alike our hopes and fears; Jesus comes, whate'er befalls us, Glads our hearts, and dries our tears; Alleluia! Alleluia! Cheering e'en our failing years.
5. Jesus comes on clouds triumphant, When the heav'ns shall pass away; Jesus comes again in glory; Let us then our homage pay, Alleluia! Alleluia! Till the dawn of endless day.
Words: Godfrey Thring, 1864.
Music: 'Sieh, hier bin ich, Ehrenkoenig' from Geistreiches Gesangbuch Darmstadt, Germany, 1698.
Setting: "Evangelical Lutheran Hymn-Book", 1931, alt.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2008 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|