1. I know that my Redeemer lives; What comfort this sweet sentence gives! He lives, He lives, who once was dead; He lives, my ever living Head.
2. He lives to bless me with His love, He lives to plead for me above. He lives my hungry soul to feed, He lives to help in time of need.
3. He lives triumphant from the grave, He lives eternally to save, He lives all glorious in the sky, He lives exalted there on high.
4. He lives to grant me rich supply, He lives to guide me with His eye, He lives to comfort me when faint, He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
5. He lives to silence all my fears, He lives to wipe away my tears He lives to calm my troubled heart, He lives all blessings to impart.
6. He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend, He lives and loves me to the end; He lives, and while He lives, Ill sing; He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
7. He lives and grants me daily breath; He lives, and I shall conquer death: He lives my mansion to prepare; He lives to bring me safely there.
8. He lives, all glory to His Name! He lives, my Jesus, still the same. Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives!
Words: Samuel Medley, 1775.
Music: 'Duke Street' John Hatton, 1793.
Setting: "The Church Hymnal, Revised and Enlarged" (Episcopal), 1905.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2007 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|