1. Holy Ghost, with light divine Shine upon this heart of mine; Chase the shades of night away, Turn the darkness into day.
2. Let me see my Savior's face, Let me all His beauties trace; Show those glorious truths to me Which are only known to Thee.
3. Holy Ghost, with pow'r divine Cleanse this guilty heart of mine; In Thy mercy pity me, From sin's bondage set me free.
4. Holy Ghost, with joy divine Cheer this saddened heart of mine; Yield a sacred, settled peace, Let it grow and still increase.
5. Holy Spirit, all divine, Dwell within this heart of mine; Cast down every idol— throne, Reign supreme, and reign alone.
6. See, to Thee I yield my heart, Shed Thy life through every part; A pure temple I would be, Wholly dedicate to Thee.
7. Holy Spirit, Truth divine, Dawn upon this soul of mine; Word of God and inward light Wake my spirit, clear my sight.
8. Holy Spirit, Love divine, Glow within this heart of mine; Kindle every high desire; Perish self in Thy pure fire.
9. Holy Spirit, Power divine Fill and nerve this will of mine; Grant that I may strongly live, Bravely bear, and nobly strive.
10. Holy Spirit, Right divine, King within my conscience reign; Be my Lord, and I shall be Firmly bound, forever free.
11. Holy Spirit, Peace divine, Still this restless heart of mine; Speak to calm this tossing sea, Stayed in Thy tranquility.
12. Holy Spirit, Joy divine, Gladden Thou this heart of mine; In the desert ways I sing, "Spring, O Well, forever spring."
13. Now incline me to repent, Let me now my sins lament, Now my foul revolt deplore, Weep, believe, and sin no more.
Words: verses 1-6 Andrew Reed, 1817. verses 7-13 Samuel Longfellow, 1864.
Music: 'Canterbury' or 'Song 13' Orlando Gibbons, 1623.
Setting: "Common Service Book" (ULCA), 1917.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2006 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|