1. Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah, Pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but Thou art mighty; Hold me with Thy pow'rful hand. Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven, Feed me till I want no more; Feed me till I want no more.
2. Open now the crystal fountain, Whence the healing stream doth flow; Let the fire and cloudy pillar Lead me all my journey through. Strong Deliv'rer, strong Deliv'rer, Be Thou still my Strength and Shield; Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.
3. Lord, I trust Thy mighty power, Wondrous are Thy works of old; Thou deliver'st Thine from thralldom, Who for naught themselves had sold: Thou didst conquer, Thou didst conquer, Sin, and Satan and the grave, Sin, and Satan and the grave.
4. When I tread the verge of Jordan, Bid my anxious fears subside; Death of deaths, and hell's destruction, Land me safe on Canaan's side. Songs of praises, songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee; I will ever give to Thee.
5. Musing on my habitation, Musing on my heav'nly home, Fills my soul with holy longings: Come, my Jesus, quickly come; Vanity is all I see; Lord, I long to be with Thee! Lord, I long to be with Thee!
Words: William Williams, 1745. Translated by Peter Williams, 1771.
Music: 'Cwm Rhondda' John Hughes, 1907.
Setting: "The Methodist Hymnbook" (UK), 1933.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2007 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|