1. Blest be the tie that binds Our hearts in Christian love; The fellowship of kindred minds Is like to that above.
2. Before our Father's throne We pour our ardent prayers; Our fears, our hopes, our aims are one Our comforts and our cares.
3. We share each other's woes, Our mutual burdens bear; And often for each other flows The sympathizing tear.
4. When we asunder part, It gives us inward pain; But we shall still be joined in heart, And hope to meet again.
5. This glorious hope revives Our courage by the way; While each in expectation lives, And longs to see the day.
6. From sorrow, toil and pain, And sin, we shall be free, And perfect love and friendship reign Through all eternity.
Words: John Fawcett, 1782. Music and
Setting: 'Boylston' Lowell Mason, 1832.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2012 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|