1. At the Lamb's high feast we sing, Praise to our victorious King, Who has washed us in the tide Flowing from his piercèd side; Alleluia!
2. Praise we Him, whose love divine Gives His sacred blood for wine, Gives His body for the feast, Christ the Victim, Christ the Priest. Alleluia!
3. Where the Paschal blood is poured, Death's dark angel sheathes his sword; Israel's hosts triumphant go Through the wave that drowns the foe. Alleluia!
4. Praise we Christ, whose blood was shed, Paschal Victim, Paschal Bread; With sincerity and love Eat we Manna from above. Alleluia!
5. Mighty Victim from the sky, Hell's fierce pow'rs beneath Thee lie; Thou hast conquered in the fight, Thou hast brought us life and light; Alleluia!
6. Now no more can death appall, Now no more the grave enthrall; Thou hast opened Paradise, And in Thee Thy saints shall rise.
7. Paschal triumph, Easter joy, This alone can sin destroy; From sin's death do Thou set free Souls reborn, O Lord, in Thee.
8. Hymns of glory and of praise, Father, to Thee we raise; Risen Lord, all praise to Thee, Ever with the Spirit be.
Words: Latin, circa 6th Century. Translated by Robert Campbell, 1849.
Music: 'Sonne der Gerechtigkeit' Czech, Kirchengeseng, 1566.
Setting: Brian J. Dumont, 31 Dec 2009.
copyright: Words and Music, public domain. Setting: Copyright 2009 Brian J. Dumont. This setting may be freely reproduced or published for Christian worship, provided it is not altered, and this notice is on each copy. All other rights reserved. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2010 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|