1. Almighty God, Your Word is cast Like seed into the ground; Now let the dew of Heav'n descend, And righteous fruits abound.
2. Let not the foe of Christ and man This holy seed remove, But give it root in ev'ry heart To bring forth fruits of love.
3. Let not the world's deceitful cares The rising plant destroy. But let it yield a hundredfold The fruits of peace and joy.
4. Nor let Your Word so kindly sent To raise us to Your throne Return to You, and sadly tell That we reject Your Son.
5. Oft as the precious seed is sown, Your quick'ning grace bestow, That all whose souls the truth receive, Its saving power may know.
6. Great God, come down and on Your Word Your mighty power bestow, That all who hear the joyful sound, Your saving grace may know.
Words: John Cawood, 1816.
Music: 'St. Anne' William Croft, 1708.
Setting: composite found in "The Lutheran Hymnary", 1913.
copyright: public domain. This score is a part of the Open Hymnal Project, 2007 Revision.
|Pdf Image of Score||Gif Image of Score||Midi Audio of Tune||Mp3 Audio of Tune||Abc source|